- Entrances to the Western Wall, hidden for 1700 years, have been uncovered
- The stones are in excellent condition, and fully preserved
- Upon removal of the stones, archaeologists uncovered a large, theater-like structure, mentioned in historical writings, but never uncovered
- From the Second Temple Period, this is the first complete find of a structure from that period, aside from the Wilson’s Arch
The Palestinians point to 14 events over 50 years that show how al-Aqsa is being “Judaized”. Every one of these events were the act of a lone individual, or precipitated by the Palestinians themselves.
This is just more incitement from the Palestinians.
Here is the translation of the 14 points:
- 6-6-1967: Fall of the city of Jerusalem, raising the Israeli flag on the Temple Mount, and taking control of Mugrabi Gate
- 21-8-1969: Jewish man set fire to a platform at Salah al-Din (Note: One person did this act)
- 28-1-1976: Supreme Court rules that Jews have the right to pray on the Temple Mount
- 28-8-1981: Palestinians claim cracks found in the foundation of buildings near the mosque, and a “tunnel” was found under the al-Aqsa Mosque
- 11-4-1982: A lone crazed gunman, Alan Harry Goodman, an IDF soldier, sprayed al-Aqsa Mosque with gunfire, killing two Muslims.
- 8-10-1990: 17 Palestinians killed after riots broke out by holed up Muslims after a large group of Jews mounted the mount.
- 24/27-9-1996: Palestinians go ape crazy about the opening of Western Wall tunnels, riots spread to Gaza and Yesha, 25 IDF soldiers killed, over 100 Muslims killed.
- 11-3-1997: Government advisor allows Jews to ascend the Temple Mount and pray there, in coordination with police
- 31-8-1997: Israel announces plans to “demolish the Umayyad palaces and expand the Buraq wall”
- 28-9-2000: Ariel Sharon “stormed” the al-Aqsa Mosque. Palestinians riot, declare outbreak of second intifada
- 18-4-2001: A Jewish museum was built near al-Aqsa.
- 15-3-2010: Churva Shul in the Old City reopened. The synagogue was founded in the early 18th century by followers of Judah heHasid, but it was destroyed by Muslims a few years later in 1721. The plot lay in ruins for over 140 years and became known as the Ruin, or Hurva. In 1864, the Perushim rebuilt the synagogue, and although officially named the Beis Yaakov Synagogue, it retained its name as the Hurva. It became Jerusalem’s main Ashkenazic synagogue, until it too was deliberately destroyed by the Arab Legion after the withdrawal of Israeli forces during the 1948 Arab–Israeli War. (Wikipedia)
- 10-2015: Crackdown on verbal and physical assault by the Al-Morabotat against Jews visiting the Temple Mount
- 14-7-2017: al-Aqsa is closed after the “heroic operation” (killing of two border officers at the Temple Mount) and attempts to impose electronic gates
Details of the arrested individuals:
- Sa’id Ghasoub Janarain, 26, arrested for planning an attack on the Temple Mount
- Faras Salah Mahmoud Mahajneh, 24, supporter of ISIS and possessing weapons
- A 16 year old minor, name not released, planning attack on Temple Mount
- During the arrest 2 pistols and ammo were found, which were going to be used in the attack
- The Temple Mount attack was intended to be backed by ISIS
- A Carl Gustav rifle was found in the home of Faras Mahajneh