Prime Minister launched a rare beating against his Police Commissioner, Roni Alshich, saying that when Alschich started his position, he promised a crackdown on leaks, and no police recommendations.
Since political advisor Lior Horev was appointed an external advisor to the police, at a cost of millions to the taxpayer – and without a tender – the illegal leaks became a tsunami and the decision to avoid recommendations disappeared.
- Police say new details point to nationalistic motive (terror attack)
- Also investigating if part of a business dispute
- Schmerling was found dead from multiple stab wounds in the Arab village of Kfar Qassam
- Chareidim rioted over IDF draft
- Police responded, were attacked with rocks and implements
- Riot police responded
- Seven officers injured, 9 rioters arrested
- Police say they believe all of the officers acted properly
- However, any evidence to the contrary will be investigated and dealt with